One of the biggest and most star-studded events in Midtown returns with the 2023 edition of the Mojo of Midtown Awards. The Awards Bash will be held 6-9pm, April 5, 2023 at Circuit Playhouse. Enjoy a short awards ceremony followed by a great party with wine, beer, food, and live music by the Memphis Jazz Workshop.
Here are this year’s award recipients:
- The Art Center – for helping local artists realize their vision – from area professionals to art students at local colleges to children first gaining an interest in creativity.
- The Carpenter Art Garden – for empowering the children of Binghampton to create their best futures.
- Goner Fest – for showcasing music from Memphis and around the world and drawing fans from across the US and around the globe.
- Historic Parkways – for helping form the character of Midtown in 1901 and into the future with the Flowering Tree Trail.
- Payne’s BBQ – for running a family business in Historic Rozelle-Annesdale for over 50 years.
Tickets are $40 in advance and $45 at the door. Tickets available here.
The Mojo Awards is MidtownMemphis.org’s signature annual event and its largest fundraiser. Proceeds go right back into the efforts of the organization to meet their mission of supporting a vibrant and sustainable Midtown.
Last year, proceeds went toward: Planting native trees and plants in four midtown locations as part of their Shade is Cool campaign; holding the event on Madison Avenue for International PARK(ing) Day on September 16, 2022; working to improve Washington Bottoms with their partners The Works, Inc., NPI, and Memphis City Beautiful; participating in the Slam Dunk Litter League (and coming in First Place in District 6); making improvements to their website; and coordinating efforts of midtown neighborhoods working with the Department of Planning & Development on revisions to the Unified Development Code.
MidtownMemphis.org is a 501(c)3 non-profit group with a mission to promote a vibrant and sustainable Midtown that honors and celebrates its distinctive historic character. We work with public, nonprofit, and private partners that are committed to the vibrancy and sustainability of Midtown.