At StoryBoard Memphis, we believe that every Memphian’s story matters, which is why we are launching a new Obituaries section on our website and in the StoryBoard Memphis Quarterly. Publishing obituaries will help us fulfill our mission to champion the city’s authentic assets and build bridges between communities. Memphis’s most authentic assets are the people who call it home, and learning more about each other’s lives builds empathy and community. It’s why this publication exists.
As a nonprofit organization, we are charging a minimal fee to cover staff, web hosting, and print costs in order for this section to be self-sustaining. You may choose either the $20 online only option or the $50 online and in-print option. The print option includes one mailed copy of the Quarterly with the published obituary. After you submit the form below, you will be automatically sent to the payment page.
We are honored to help you share your loved ones’ stories.
- Print obituaries limited to 650 words.
- Online obituaries limited to 1,500 words.
- Upload one headshot in JPG format. Please select one that will reproduce well in black and white. The file size limit is 50 MG. If you have issues uploading your file, you may email it to email@example.com
- Obituaries are subject to StoryBoard Memphis’s editorial and privacy policies.
- StoryBoard Memphis reserves the right to decline to publish an obituary if it does not meet our editorial requirements.
- StoryBoard Memphis editorial staff reserves the right to copyedit obituaries.
- Online obituaries will be placed on the website within three business days of receipt and payment.
- Print obituaries will be published in the next issue being laid out at time of receipt and payment. Our content deadlines are two months before an issue is printed so there may be a delay between your submission and publication. An editor will be in contact with you to communicate which upcoming issue will have the obituary in print.
If you have any questions, please contact Caroline Carrico at firstname.lastname@example.org