Put your dog in the spotlight October 27th at The Pink Palace Museum
By Bill Walsh, Pink Palace Family of Museums
Whether your dog is a thoroughbred or a mutt, they can all be a winner at the Superpower Pup Pageant coming to the Pink Palace Museum Sunday, October 27th.
Dogs of all ages are welcome to enter. The event celebrates the recent opening of the new Superpower Dogs 3D movie at the Pink Palace CTI Giant Screen Theater.
Registration deadline for the Pup Pageant is October 6th. Those interested in entering their dog can register at https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/4328154 .
Tickets for the Pup Pageant can be purchased at the Pink Palace Museum box office and by phone at 901-636-2362.
The public is invited to enter their dog(s) in various categories. Contestants can enter their dog in the Pageant online in one of four categories:
- Best Lookin’ Au Naturale (no costume cuteness)
- Muttiest (most unidentifiable breed)
- Best Costume (individual dog or parent-and-pup combo costume, such as Batman and Robin)
- Look Alike (Dog looks like the owner or a celebrity)
Important Pup Pageant Dates:
- September 1 – October 6: Registration for the Pageant.
- October 12 – 21: Voting through social media and an online link.
- October 25: Finalists announced & notified (8 in each category).
- October 27: Live Competition on the Pink Palace lawn.
Attendees of the October 27th event will vote for their favorites in each category. Best in Show will be awarded in each category by a panel of judges from Taming the Wild, Hollywood Feed, and The Doghouse.
The event will have vendors, sponsors, and activities exploring animal superpowers such as Animal Senses from Lichterman Nature Center, Tennessee Task Force 1 demonstrations, Memphis Police Department K-9 Unit bloodhound and bite demonstrations and more will take place from 1 pm – 3 pm at the Pink Palace Museum. The CTI Giant Screen Theater will begin showing the Superpower Dogs movie at 3 pm.
For more information and important Pup Pageant dates, visit the Pup Pageant page here on the Pink Palace website.