From Division Director Dorcas Young Griffin:
On April 15, 2020, the Division of Community Services was designated $500,000 to establish the COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund Program to provide social services for residents who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund program offers three (3) categories of designated relief:
- Rent/Mortgage Assistance
- Utility Assistance
- Emergency Food/Essentials/Prescription Assistance
Shelby County residents are eligible to apply under the following criteria:
- Must be a resident of Shelby County, Tennessee.
- Must be able to show two (2) forms of proof of residency and loss of employment or at least 50% of earned income as of March 11, 2020.
- Must have a current household monthly income at or below 400% of the Federal Poverty Income Guideline (see guideline below).
- Must be able to meet additional criteria as outlined by the specific relief offered
The information about the assistance and the link to the application to apply is at https://www.shelbycountytn.gov/3646/COVID-19-Emergency-Relief-Fund