Memphis Light, Gas & Water to present Holiday Wonders at the Garden
The Memphis Botanic Garden (MBG) is pleased to announce details and dates for its annual Holiday Wonders at the Garden seasonal light exhibition, including a new partnership with Memphis Light, Gas, and Water (MLGW).
“We are grateful to MLGW for their support of our annual Holiday Wonders at the Garden seasonal light exhibition,” said Michael D. Allen, Executive Director of the Memphis Botanic Garden. “This seems like a perfect marriage between the Garden and our community’s utilities provider. The Garden is making a concerted effort to move toward more cost effective and longer operating life options like LED lighting (especially in our Holiday Wonders light show), electric utility carts, and more energy efficient parking lot and pathway lighting. To the degree we can help bring attention to these new technologies, we feel that is a positive thing,” said Allen.
Also new this year, the event includes dates after Christmas to extend the holiday fun & serve more members of the community and those visiting during the holiday season. Holiday Wonders at the Garden will run 5-8:30 pm (last entry 7:30 pm) on November 24-25, December 1-3, 7-10, 14-23, and 26-30 in 2023. The event caters to families, couples, and groups for an unforgettable outdoor holiday experience and features themed evenings, a central location, free parking, timed entry, and outdoor fun. In 2023, several enhancements will be introduced as well, including a new area filled with festive photo-ops, increased character engagements, a revised pricing model, and a food truck on-site on weekend nights.
“Holiday Wonders at the Garden has become an annual tradition for so many families in the Mid-South, and we hope to deliver holiday cheer to even more members of the community this year. ” said Gina Harris, Director of Education & Events. “In 2023, we are upping the interactivity and enhancing other elements of this beloved event to come back brighter & more colorful than ever before!”
The 24-night run includes everyone’s favorite nights, including the dog friendly Paw-liday Wonders evenings and Santa Sundays with the big guy himself, plus an adults only 21+ date night, and more:
● Opening Night with Santa – November 24: Kick off your holiday season at the opening night of Holiday Wonders at the Garden! Santa will be offering season’s greetings from his sleigh in Northern Lights.
● Paw-liday Wonders – December 1 & 28: May your holidays be furry and bright! Explore Holiday Wonders at the Garden with your favorite fur baby during one of our special pet-friendly nights.
● Santa Sundays – December 3, 10, & 17: Santa will be offering season’s greetings from his sleigh in Northern Lights, an area with a magical glow and festive cheer. Stop by and make sure you’re on the nice list!
● Snow Queens – December 7 & 18: Wear your best tiara or crown and come twirl under the Magic Snowfall while meeting Elsa and Anna!
● Holi-Date Night (Adults Only – 21+) – December 14: Enjoy all the wonder and merriment of this magical season with your special someone! You can learn about mistletoe, sip specialty cocktails, and more during this special adults-only evening. 21+ only.
● Ugly Sweater Night – December 15: December 15 is National Ugly Sweater Day! Wear your ugliest holiday sweater for this fun & festive Friday night
● Jingle Jammies – December 21: Join us in your best jammies for a fun and festive evening among the lights. Plus we’ll have an extra special holiday storytime at 6 and 7 pm.
This unique and expansive outdoor holiday exhibition is a delight for all ages to experience the magic of the season. Perfect for a date night or a family outing, attendees can enjoy signature cocktails and other libations, including hot chocolate and apple cider, while exploring. Guests can savor the warmth of a fire table while basking in the glow of trees alight in the Under the Stars Outdoor Lounge, then journey into Snowy Nights in My Big Backyard to twirl beneath falling snow and explore the majesty of Playhouse Lane after dark. Stop by Merry Memories to snap Insta-worthy holiday themed selfies at multiple photo-ops, and Yuletide Yard to delight in sips & snacks and play light-up games. And don’t miss Santa’s sleigh in Northern Lights. Holiday Wonders at the Garden is a can’t miss holiday experience designed to bring holiday cheer!
Weeknight pricing (Mondays-Thursdays), if purchased in advance, is $12 for MBG Members (limit six per membership) and $15 for non-members. All same day weeknight tickets are $17. Weekend pricing (Fridays-Sundays), if purchased in advance, is $15 for MBG Members and $17 for non-members. All same day weekend tickets are $20. Limit of six discounted tickets per membership. Children under two are free.
Tickets go on sale November 3 at 10 am Central Time. Please visit membg.org/wonders for more information. All proceeds directly support the Memphis Botanic Garden.
Holiday Wonders at the Garden is presented by Memphis Light, Gas & Water with support from Legacy Sponsor Bank of America, Adams Keegan, Yuletide Office Solutions, Behind the Scenes, WMC, Forever Ready, Memphis Flyer, 104.5 The River/99.7 The Wolf, and WKNO.
About Memphis Botanic Garden
The Memphis Botanic Garden is a not-for-profit 501(c) (3) organization dedicated to being an exemplary center for horticulture and environmental enrichment. Serving over 40,000 school-aged children annually, and hosting 260,000 visitors each year, Memphis Botanic Garden strives to enhance lives by connecting people with nature, increasing awareness and appreciation of our environment.